Wednesday 12 March 2014

Eat Differently

No matter what, if you have crossed 60 years – the world denotes that you are old, but I believe this is not true.

I am 75 years old, my body’s few internal parts trouble me but I accordingly take precautions. I am very particular about my health and diet. You must be thinking that I am very well off then. No… I am just like other retired people but I believe in the Hindi saying: “Jaan hai toh Jahaan hai”.

I daily go for long walks (touch wood). I neither suffer from cholesterol nor BP problem or diabetes. But I check on my food intake; it must not be rich in fats, I avoid taking too oily food or high in salt or sugar. At my age, of course at times ups and downs are there. When my wife expired, I experienced high BP but through diet control I managed to reduce it. Even circumstances of life affect the health, but we are not slaves of our circumstances and life must move on.

Excess salt intake destroys are bones and makes them fragile. Also, to keep my bones healthy and body fit, I make sure I use the natural resource of Vitamin D that is sunlight. No food item or supplements can make Vitamin D sufficient in our bodies. Besides Vitamin D, even calcium is needed and hence I drink at least 2-3 glasses of milk a day.


This is my story of how eating differently has kept me healthy and can also keep you healthy at any age!

Courtesy:
Mr. A. Kumar
Sarvapriya Vihar

No comments:

Post a Comment